300
300 - Nope it is not the title of the new movie about the Spartans that opened last week, but rather the population of Veteran, AB. My friend Carmen is a teacher and she moved to the little village of Veteran this year to teach Kindergarten. She usually comes to the city to visit, but it was time a few of us took a roadtrip to visit her in her element. Andrea and I hit the road this past weekend and made the 3 hour drive to southern Alberta. Andrea is a city girl and has never experienced the joys of a small town, so we figured it was time to show her just what small town living is all about. I think that it was a little bit of a shock for Andrea and she had many questions. Here are a few little facts that she learned this weekend: 1) John Deer tractor's are green, Case are red, New Holland are blue2) You can park in the middle of the road and nobody is going to hit you or honk at you to get out of their way - they just go around you3) Grocery shopping is done in the next town. If you live in Veteran you can drive to Consort, 15 minutes away4) If you want to go skating just go and get the key for the rink.5) You can walk across town in less than 10 minutes
Andrea and I in front of Carm's home - The Village Inn
1 comment:
I like this post and I like small towns. Great writing, Rash. You're my sister and I sure do like you.
Post a Comment