Sunday, August 03, 2008

Calgary Folk Festival



Carmen and I took in all 4 days of the Calgary Folk Fest this year. It was fun times - the location of Prince's Island Park is a great place to relax on your blankets/tarps and take in live music, even in the rain. It was also great to catch up with a few friends during the weekend. I think it might be an event I attend each year. Want to come next year?



trying to stay dry under our tarp


I love Blue Rodeo!


Sarah, Carmen and I


Sarah, Denver and I - before the rain...


...in the rain.

Here are a few of the bands that we saw:

Josh Ritter - Carm's favourite performance and her little rock star crush


Great Lake Swimmers - one of my favourite shows of the weekend.


Conor Oberst - from Bright Eyes


A little Ani Difranco in the rain


Sam Roberts Band


Andrew Bird

No comments: